On the beginning of December 2005 Genesis Project, thanks to funding from Delegation of European Commission to BiH (90%) and UNICEF BiH (10%), has started implementation of humanitarian-educational project “Let’s find forest dwarfs”. Implementation of the project lasted 11 months.
Project activities were implemented in primary schools located throughout western part of Republika Srpska and in Una-Sana canton in Federation BiH, during II semester of school 2005/2006 year and during I semester of school 2006/2007 year.
Implementation of this project was in primary schools that are located in following municipalities: Banjaluka, Laktaši, Mrkonjić Grad, šipovo, Kneževo, Kotor Varoš, Gradiška, Srbac, Doboj, Derventa, Modriča, Bosanski Brod, Teslić, Kostajnica, Novi Grad, Prijedor, Kozarska Dubica, Čelinac, Prnjavor, Vukosavlje i Sanski Most.
Project was composed from following activities:
- Puppet theatre performances (live, interactive and educational puppet show) focusing on “Ecology: Water management and efficient use of water resources, Nature conservation and Air and climate change” which were performed in 150 primary schools. In total we targeted over 13 000 children age from 6 to 11 years and educate them about necessity of environmental protection. Through this performance we also aimed to remind children about danger from mines and unexploded ordinances.
- Organization and realization of 210 Environmental protection workshops with peer-educators, focusing on topic “Ecology: Water management and efficient use of water resources, Nature conservation and Air and climate change”. Each workshop had minimum 10 participants – future peer-educators (pupils from fourth, fifth and sixth grades) and workshop will last one school hour (once a week). In total we educated over 300 peer-educators, from 15 primary schools, who than continued to raise level of environmental protection awareness in their schools and among their peers.
- Activities of integration and affirmation of peer-education, with goal of promotion of peer-educators and affirmation of their role as future transferors of gained knowledge.
- Short training sessions with schoolteachers from primary schools (8 schoolteachers from each school) focusing on selected topic. In total we educated over 120 schoolteachers from 15 primary schools, with goal of raising their environmental protection awareness and level of their involvement in activities of environmental protection.
- Evaluation activities with goal of evaluation of quality of new knowledge, on project selected topics.
Goal of this project was education of children on topic “Ecology: Water management and efficient use of water resources, Nature conservation and Air and climate change” that will lead toward development of environmental protection awareness.
All educational activities, part of this project, were organized and realized before or after regular school hours and did not, in any way, affect regular school activities.
Genesis Project has obtained necessary approval for project implementation from Republika Srpska Pedagogical institute – Ministry of education and culture of Republika Srpska and from Cantonal ministry of education, science, culture and sport – Una-Sana canton in Federation of BiH.
All project activities were implemented in full accordance with project plan.